Last item for navigation
Frequently Asked Questions

During which hours are City Hall open?
Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm, except for City holidays and weather emergencies.

Where can I find information on trash and recycling ?

You can find more information on trash pick up and recycling, in the Public Works Department section under City departments.

You may also call Public Works directly at (301) 577-1008.

Where do I apply for a business license?
Business licenses are handled by the City Office. Forms are available at City Hall.

What are the hours of the Public Works Department?
New Carrollton Public Works is open from 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM M-F.

You may also bring your used motor oil, newspapers and magazine to be recycled there.

Additional information on the City's Public Works Department can be found under the City Departments section of the website.

The City did not pick up my trash or recycling, now what?

If the City forgot to stop by your house or your recycling bin was missed by Sharp's Recycling, call the Public Works Department, M-F, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, at 301-577-1008 , to reschedule a missed pick up.

If you can not get through to Public Works try City Hall at 301-459-6100 , M-F, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.

What can I do with this big old piece of junk?
The City Public Works Department has a special bulk trash pick-up service. The City will collect old refrigerators, furniture, and other large odd shaped junk items. Pick-ups are by appointment only , contact the Public Works Department at 301-577-1008 between the hours of 7:00 AM and 3:30 PM, M-F.

© CITY OF NEW CARROLLTONCity of New Carrollton | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.